Thursday, August 2, 2012

Leftover Salmon with Summer Linguini

My kids love salmon, a few days ago my mom & I bought a whole fresh wild Salmon from Costco, the kids and I were over for dinner and we cooked it in the oven. She kept half of the leftovers I took the other half home.  In the past when I've made similar dishes I've tried to mix the salmon with the pasta to heat it up, on the last occasion my husband said that it tasted like "salmon noodle casserole" not my idea of appetizing!

This time I knew I'd microwave it to re-heat and serve it on top or on the side of the pasta.
I made a simple Beurre Blanc Sauce with onions, mini bell peppers & garlic seasoned with salt & pepper, I finished it with fresh basil & tomatoes from our lanai container garden :) all with leftover zucchini!

This is actually a pretty simple meal as it's one part leftovers, one part pasta & one part yummy sauce!

 Leftover Salmon with Summer Linguini

 Fresh Basil

 Growing tomatoes - this is actually the first time I've done it successfully!

 My kids picked the tomatoes yesterday & today - usually they eat them immediately!

 My daughter took this photo and is insisting that I use it :)

 I think they liked it!

As a side note, I had two bites of the pasta, unlike my husband & little ones I do not have super-fast metabolism, I had my salmon, zucchini, tomatoes & bell peppers on a bed of spinach with a bit of fat-free dressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment