Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Endless Summer

Summer, it seems to be coming to an end with the husstle & bussle of back to school preparations.

We spent most of our Sunday with friends, birthday parties & an afternoon at the tide pools.  The kids had an especially good time exploring & playing; we caught fish & found hermit crabs.  The simple serenity that the tide pools bring are something I remember so clearly from when I was little, getting lost in thoughts & discoveries, these are some of the moments that I marvel in watching my children experience.


My best friend was back home with her two kids for the past few weeks so we've been very busy playing & spending time together.  Now that she's left I'm finding myself with a bit of time before Mikayla goes back to her last year of preschool and Daven starts his first - yikes! oh yeah and I'll be going back to work! Craaazy ha ha.

We're all actually looking forward to it, I am just desperately trying to finish my "summer cleaning" & honey do list.  I have this delusion that our house will be perfect before we start back so that our lives will run smoothly, again, this is a delusion!  No one seems to be buying anything on craigslist which has left me with, not tons but containers full of things, (small clothes, shoes, little toys etc.) I'm thinking of just donating so that they don't take up precious real estate in our apartment, where every cubic inch is specifically designated and mentally organized.

That being said I have dozens of projects I want to do!!
  •  Re-finish & re-cover lanai chairs
  • Build a shelf/box holder for the lanai baskets
  • Re-design our closet (evidently I had it overloaded as the top rod & shelf, really not a surprise started to fall the other day!  I bought 2 new brackets to install when we first moved in but someone, eh hem not me, never got around to it... this is a must as I currently have my storage boxes & all our shirts piled up in our bedroom!)
  • Finish the kitchen - it's so close to being done!!
I've also got to do the grocery shopping for the week, my "day off" will be on Friday when I start back at WeePlay, so I have to figure out how to do my outings & errands with the kids on Friday...


Last note, with all of the Back-to-School sales going on now it's the best time to stock up on craft supplies - especially Crayons!  My mom thought I was crazy that I needed more until I clarified that they were for the ones I'll be melting & making for school mates - they're $1 for 4 24 packs at Toys-R-Us, so find an ad from the Sunday paper & price match at your favorite place, where they won't be out of stock!



Happy Summer - while it's still here!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment